Monday, August 20, 2012

Waking Up from Winter

Hey Everyone,

So, a quick update on what’s happened the last few months. As of my last blog I was targeting the “Revolution 3” Series in the USA. Due to a bit of ITB syndrome and missing key races I decided I would re-focus and target a number of Australian early season races. With that in mind we come to now, and this weekend I will be tackling my debut 70.3 event at the Ironman 70.3 in Yeppoon, Queensland.

It’s been a long and cold winter; I have survived relatively well and managed to get some good training under the belt. The biggest change I have made is to move under the guidance of super coach, Matt Koorey of Team TBB. Matt is a former competitor of the highest level himself and competed in the 1990 Commonwealth Games. I have known Matt since 2008 when I began working for Cycling Sports Group. His experience and knowledge will be a great asset for my future and I am very excited for the future. The only downside to winter was a bout of ITB syndrome in my left knee which minimised some kilometres in the legs. Despite that, I am feeling fit and strong and ready to race.

Yeppoon 70.3 is competed over a 1.9km swim, 90km ride and 21km run. I am looking forward to racing against some of the Aussie long course guys and seeing what I can do in this long course caper.

For more info you can check out- ironmanyeppoon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment