Friday, August 31, 2012

中國我來了 (China Here I come)

Heading Abroad – ITU Asian Cup Chengdu, China

Hey everyone,

Just a quick heads up, next week I will be back on the plane, this time heading to Chengdu in the centre of China for the ITU Asian Cup. I will be accompanied there by my girlfriend, Brooke Langereis who has just recently earned her professional license and this will be her debut International competition. She also needs a little twitter loving so if you don't already then jump on board (@BrookeLangereis)

The race will be held over the Olympic distance (1.5km swim, 40km ride, 10km run). Asia is one of the hardest places to compete for a number of reasons, firstly it is HOT, often approaching the 40 degree mark or greater and the humidity always comes into play. Secondly, the language barrier is a nightmare, and third, the culinary options are not even closely related to what we have on offer in Australia. Despite this, the challenge of trying to overcome these factors and still perform makes the whole trip a little more fun. After my experience competing in China in 2011 I would like to think I have learnt a few lessons and will be able to apply them to this trip.

After my performance in Yeppoon I am looking to build on that with this race and keep that going throughout the remainder of the year. Training has been going great and I am looking forward to this one.

Cheers
Ben Hammond

No comments:

Post a Comment